“Forward ever, backward never: onwards with Breaking Through”
Here is what you can do with the Rs 500 and Rs 1,000 notes in your possession, and get rid of these notes legally:
  • Get them changed at the bank or the post office until 50 days from now. You can only exchange these notes from November 10 to December 30.
  • Carry your Pan Card and Aadhaar card when you go to the above mentioned places to exchange your notes.
  • Your notes can, however, be exchanged after December 30 at the Reserve Bank of India with a declaration.
  • Tourists are allowed to change their notes at the airports