SG FNPO Programme
16/08/2015 – Udagamandalam
17/08/2015 – Coimbatore
20/08/2015 – Tuticorin
23/08/2015 -- Arakonam
25/08/2015 to 26/08/2015 -- Kolkata
27/08/2015 -- New Delhi
28/08/2015 -Chandigarh & Ambala
29/08/2015 – New Delhi
30/08/2015 - Jodhpur
31/08/2015 - Bikaner
01/09/2015 - Jaipur
DOP Finacle FAQ : Internet Banking in India Post
FAQ about Internet Banking in India Post
1. What is Internet banking?
Internet banking is the easy and most convenient way to transact- anytime, anyplace, at your convenience. Department of Posts offers Internet Banking services to the customers as a part of Core-banking solution.
2. I don't have a computer. Can I use DoP internet banking services?
You can access DoP internet banking portal from any computer that has internet connectivity. Please make sure that the computer is Malware free. Avoid using internet banking portal at Cyber Café.
3. What are the procedures to access DoP internet banking?
First of all you need to have an account at a Post office. You also need to register for the Internet banking service with the Post office. The PO branch will collect your application request for DoP internet banking and will be processed in 10 working days. You may need to visit your Post office for collecting your login credentials. During the first login, you need to go through a simple initialization process.
4. I do not have an account with Post office. What should I do?
You are welcome to open it now. It is very easy to open an account in Post office. Please visit any nearest Post office which is migrated into CBS network and open the account. Avail our facilities once you open an account.
5. I want to register for Internet Banking. What do I do?
Visit the Post office where you have opened the account. Our officials will guide you with the formalities.
6. Why are the user name and password so cryptic?
The user name and password are system generated. We have no control over this process. During your first visit to DoP Internet Banking Portal, you must mandatorily change your user name and password.
7. Can I change the user name and password that were assigned to me?
Yes. It is mandatory for you to change the system generated user name and password when you first logon to DoP Internet Banking Portal. Later at any point of time, you can change your password but not the user name. If needed, user name can be changed but only once.
8. Can I change my password?
Passwords can be changed any time and any number of times. In fact we recommend that your password should be changed periodically to secure access to your account information.
9. What are the good practices for creating a password?
You are requested to select a word that is not available in an English Dictionary.
- Do not assign your name, your family or vehicle number as your password as it can be easily guessed.
- Change your password frequently.
- Please commit your password to memory. Do not write it down or paste it somewhere.
- Do not divulge your password to anybody even if they claim to be from Post office
10. What happens if I forget my logon password?
Click on the 'Forgot password' link in the site and provide the requested information. A new password will be sent to your registered email address.
11. What happens if I forget my Internet banking username?
If you forget the Internet banking user name, contact your Post office branch and re-register yourself.
12. I am unable to login with the user name and password assigned to me. What should I do?
The user name and password are cryptic in nature because they are system generated and are case sensitive. When you are typing the user name and password for the first time, ensure that you type the characters as they appear in the document sent to you. If you still encounter problems, log a complaint in the "Complaints" link in the login page or contact your Post office branch immediately.
13. I want to know more about Post office and its services.
We are glad about the interest you have evinced. Please log in www.indiapost.gov.in for more details or contact the nearest Post office branch.
Please contact your Post office branch for further queries on Internet Banking services offered by Department of Posts.
Source : dopfinacle.blogspot.in