Pattern and syllabus for trade test/ driving test for appointment/ deputation/ absorption to post of staff car driver
Government of India
Ministry of Communications
Department of Posts
Dak Bhawan, Sansad Marg,
Dated: l7Jun 2022
1 All Chief Postmasters General / AlI Postmasters General
2 Chief General Manager, BD Directorate / Parcel Directorate / PLI Directorate
3 Director, RAKNPA / GM, CEPT / Directors of all PTCs
4 Addl. Director General, Army Postal Service, New Delhi
5 AII General Managers (Finance), Directors Postal Accounts/DDAP
Subject: Pattern and syllabus for trade test/ driving test for appointment/ deputation/ absorption to post of staff car driver.
Please find Pattern and Syllabus for trade test/ driving test for appointment/ deputation/ absorption to post of Staff Car Driver (Ordinary Grade) alongwith criteria for selection enclosed herewith (Annexure-I).
2. Further, Pattern and Syllabus for trade test for promotion to Staff Car Driver (Grade'II) and Staff Car Driver (Grade'I) shall continue to be same as provided in Directorate's letter no. L7-212-PE'II dated 20.12.1993 (Annexure-Il).
3. The above mentioned pattern and syllabus for trade test shall come into force from the date of issue of this communication and will be applicable to all the notification of examination issued hereafter. Further, it is requested that this pattern and syllabus may be brought to the notice of all concerned.
4. This has the approval of the Competent Authority.
Encl: As above
1. PS to Minister of Communications / Minister of State for Communications
2. ST.PPS to Secretary (Posts) / ST.PPS to Director General Postal Services
3. PPS/ PS to Addl. DG (Co'ordination)/ Member (Banking)/ Member (O)/ Member (p)l Member (Ptanning & HRD)/ Member (PLI)/ Member(Technology)
4. Additional Secretary & Financial Adviser
5. Sr. Deputy Director General (Vig:ilance) & CVO / Sr. Deputy Director General (PAF)
6. Director General P&T (Auait) Civil Lines, New Delhi
7. Secretary(PsB), All Deputy Directors General
8. Chief Engineer (Civil), Postal Directorate
9. All Sections of Posta1 Directorate
10. All recognized Federations/Unions/Associations
11. Director (DE), Postal Directorate
12. GM, CEPT for uploading the order on the India Post website.
13. Guard FiIe
14. Spare Copies
ANNEXURE-I to Letter No. 08-01/2019-SPN-I dated l?'C5( )oLL'
PATTERN AND SYLLABUS FOR EXAMINATION FOR APPOINTMENT/DEPUTA'TION/ ABSORPTION TO POST OF STAFF CAR DRIVER (ORDINARY GRADE)
Examination shall be held in two (2) stages as under:-
STAGE I:- Theory Test for knowledge of general knowledge, simple arithmetic, general intelligence & reasoning, motor mechanism, traffic rules, signals and regulations (80 marks).
STAGE II:- Practical Test for knowledge of motor mechanism and driving (20 marks).
PATTERN OF EXAMINATION
I. Stage I of Examination : Theory Test
SYLLABUS OF EXAMINATION - LOOK AT THE ABOVE IMAGES
CRITERIA FOR SELECTION:-
l. Candidates qualifying in Stage I shall be eligible to appear for test in Stage II.
2. Only such candidates who qualify in each paper of Stage II shall be considered for preparation of the final merit list.
3. Final merit list of the qualified candidates shall be prepared on the basis of total marks secured by the candidates in both the stages of examination.
4.After arranging the candidates in order of merit as per (c) above, number of candidates to be declared successful shall be equal to the number of vacancy in each category.
5. In the event of any vacancy notified for recruitment remains unfilled only due to non-joining of selected candidate, the next candidate in the merit list shall be considered for appointment' However, appointment of such candidate shall be only on the ground of refusal / declining offer of appointment and no wait list or approved panel shall be maintained.
ANNEXURE-II to Leter No. 08-01/2019-spN-I
Pattern and Syllabus for trade test for promotion to Staff Car Driver (Grade-II) and Staff Car Driver (Grade-I) shall continue to be same as provided in Directorate,s letter no. 17-212-PE-II dated 20,12.1993 as reproduced below:-
SCHEME OF TRADE TEST:.
I.APPOINTMENT TO GRADE-II OF STAFF CAR DRIVERS (SYLLABUS):-
1. Must be able to read English Numerals and figures.
2. Must have good knowledge of traffic regulation.
3. Must be able to locate faults and carry out minor running repairs.
4. Must be able to change wheels and correctly inflate tyres.
TEST:- Practical test based on the above.
II. APPOINTMENT TO GRADE-I
l. Must be able to read English Numerals & figures.
2. Must have a thorough knowledge of Traffic Regulation.
3. Must have good knowledge of petrol & Diesel Engine working and be able to locate faults and rectify minor running defects.
4. Must be able to clear carburetor, plug etc.
TEST:- Practical test based on the above.