Jeevan Pramaan/Digital Life Certificate (DLC) - FAQ’s
1) What is Jeevan Pramaan/Digital Life Certificate (DLC)
Pramaan is a biometric enabled Aadhaar-based Digital Life Certificate
for pensioners. Jeevan Pramaan i.e. DLC is generated for individual
pensioner using his/her Aadhaar number and Biometrics
2) What is the Pension Sanctioning Authority (PSAs)?
is the authority which approves and sanctions the pension of an
individual. The Pension is to be delivered in the Pension Account
specified in the Pension Payment Order (PPO)
3) What is the Pension Disbursing Agency (PDAs)?
Pension Disbursing Agencies process the DLC of the pensioners. The PDAs
are registered on the Jeevan Pramaan Portal to access the Life
Certificates on-line. This account sign up facility has been created for
the PDAs by NIC (Banks, Post Office etc), to process pension orders.
The Agencies can securely login to view/ download a PDF copy of DLC of
Pensioner for processing.
4) How DLC is different from traditional Life Certificate issued by Govt Officers/ Agencies?
Jeevan Pramaan (DLC) the pensioner is not required to present himself/
herself personally before the Pension Disbursing Officer. DLC does not
have to be submitted physically to the Pension Disbursing Agency
(Bank/Post Office etc.) as it will be made available to them digitally
and is automatically processed by the Pension Disbursing Agency. Also
each DLC will have a unique id called the Pramaan-Id.
5) Is the Pramaan ID / Jeevan Pramaan i.e. DLC valid for lifetime?
Pramaan ID/Jeevan Pramaan is not valid for life. The validity period of
the certificate is as per rules specified by the Pension Sanctioning
Authority. Once the validity period is over a new Jeevan Pramaan
Certificate i.e. a new Pramaan Id needs to be obtained.
6) Who is eligible for requesting Jeevan Pramaan i.e. Digital Life Certificate?
pensioner whose Pension Sanctioning Authority (PSA) is available on
Jeevan Pramaan and is eligible for Jeevan Pramaan certification. List of
on boarded PSA, can be found under
7) From where can the customer obtain a Jeevan Pramaan i.e. Digital Life Certificate via IPPB?
service is available across all IPPB access points/ Post Offices and
also at the Door step of pensioner through Gramin Dak Sevaks (using IPPB
8) What are the Components of the Jeevan Pramaan/ Digital Life Certificate?
There are three basic components/participants in the Jeevan Pramaan /Digital Life Certificate:
a) The Pension Sanctioning Authority (PSAs)
b) The Pension Disbursing Agency (PDAs)
c) The Pensioners
9) What are the pre-requisites for Digital Life Certificate generation?
a) The pensioner must have a Aadhaar number
b) The pensioner must have an existing mobile number
c) Registration of the Aadhaar number with Pension Disbursing Agency (bank/ Post Office etc) should have been done already
d) Additional information be handy with pensioner:
i. Type of Pension
ii. Sanctioning Authority
iii. Disbursing Agency/ Agency
iv. PPO Number
v. Account Number (pension)
10) What are the information required by a pensioner to generate the Jeevan Pramaan?
Pensioner has to provide Aadhaar Number, Name, Mobile Number and
self-declared Pension Related Information like PPO Number, Pension
Account number, Bank details, Name of Pension Sanctioning Authority,
Pension Disbursing Authority, etc. The pensioner has to also provide
his/her biometrics either Iris or Fingerprint.
11) Is Aadhaar number mandatory to generate Jeevan Pramaan/ Digital Life Certificate?
Yes, Aadhaar number or VID is a must for generating/obtaining the Jeevan Pramaan i.e. Digital Life Certificate.
12) Is Mobile number mandatory to generate a Jeevan Pramaan/ Digital Life Certificate?
YES, Mobile number is the mandatory to initiate a DLC request.
13) What is Operator Authentication/Device Registration?
is required to authenticate/register the biometric device. End User
needs to provides Aadhaar number, mobile number, email id and receive an
OTP which is provided in the online application form for registration.
14) Is the Operator authentication mandatory?
Yes, this has to be done mandatorily to proceed with generation of DLC.
15) Is the end user carryout Operator authentication every time for each request?
NO, this is one time only activity for a particular biometric device for the DLC generation
16) What if the wrong operator/enduser details are entered and submitted during operator authentication?
care needs to be taken while submitting the details of the operator as
these details are stored at the NIC end. If the details have been
wrongly entered, you can change either of the devices (phone/biometric)
and it will ask for operator registration again for the first time.
17) How pensioner will be notified after successful Digital Life Certificate generation?
a successful generation an acknowledgement SMS is sent to the
pensioner’s registered mobile number by NIC including Jeevan Pramaan
Certificate ID details. At the completion of process, status of DLC
generation will also be shown on screen along with Pramaan ID (if
successful), pensioner may note the ID form there as well.
18) Is the pensioner needs to submit the Jeevan Pramaan/ DLC to their bank/post office etc.?
the pensioner did not have to submit the DLC to the bank/post
office/pension disbursing agency. The DLC will be automatically
available to them electronically.
19) Can pensioner download their Digital Life Certificate online, after it is generated?
20) What if the pensioner received SMS on mobile; that the Jeevan Pramaan is rejected, what to do then?
Pramaan gets rejected in case wrong particulars are provided by
pensioner while generating the DLC. It is recommended that a new Jeevan
Pramaan i.e. Pramaan-ID should be generated by providing all correct
information and biometrics. If still the issue reoccurs then it is
suggested to contact respective Pension Disbursing Agency.
21) Where do customer can register a complaint with reference to the Jeevan Pramaan?
can log complaint with their respective pensioner in case if not able
to generate the Jeevan Pramaan certificate. Also can reach out to IPPB
access points if any service related concerns.
22) Is the end user needs to login to Jeevan Pramaan Application separately?
NO, end user has to go through DLC menu of the MATM only.
23) What have to end user do, when received “Unable to parse Jeevan Pramaan Server response” message?
The user needs to end the session and try again (or) restart the application.
24) What needs to be done, when I get ‘Client Not Registered’ message?
note that, this is not an error message, but informatory message that
the operator authentication is not properly complete. Please click on
“OK” button appearing below the message and proceed with “Operator