Gramin Dak Sewak (GDS) Recruitment 2022, Notification
Official Notification :-
2. Engagement Schedule is as under:
(1) Application Submission Start Date :-
(2) Application Submission End Date :-
Emoluments in the form of Time Related Continuity Allowance(TRCA)are paid to GDS
The following minimum TRCA shall be payable to different categories of GDS after engagement .
|SR.No||Category||Minimum TRCA for 4hours/Level 1 in TRCA Slab|
|2.||ABPM/DAK Sewak||RS 10000/-|
- 1. Minimum age: 18 years
- Maximum age: 40 years
- Age will be determined as on the last date of submission of application as per notification.
- Permissible relaxations in Upper age limit for different categories are as under :-
|SR. NO.||Category||Permission Age Relaxation|
|1.||Schedule Cast / Schedule Tribe (SC/ST)||5 years|
|2.||Other Backward Classes (OBC)||3 years|
|3.||Economically weaker Sections (EWS)||No Relaxation|
|4.||Person with Disabilities (PWD)*||10 years|
|5.||Person with Disabilities (PWD)* + OBC||13 years|
|6.||Person with Disabilities (PWD)* + SC/ST||15 years|
5 Education Qualification
Secondary School Examination pass certificate of 10th standard having passed in Mathematics and English (having been studied as compulsory or elective subjects) conducted by any recognized Board of School Education by the Government of India/State Governments/ Union Territories in India shall be a mandatory educational qualification for all approved categories of GDS.
6 Compulsory Knowledge of Local Language
The candidate should have studied the local languagei.e. (Name of Local Language) at least up to 10th standard [as compulsory or elective subjects] .
7 Knowledge of Cycling
Knowledge of Cycling is a pre-requisite condition for all GDS posts. In case of a candidate having knowledge of riding a scooter or motor cycle. Because that may be consider as knowledge of cycling also . The candidate has to submit a declaration to this effect in Annexure-Ill.
8 Method of Submission of Application and Fee
Application can be submitted online’only at www.indiapostgdsonline.in. Applications received from any other mode shall not be entertained
A fee of Rs.1OO/- (Rupees one hundred only) is to be paid by the applicants for all posts notified in choice of Division. However, payment of fee is exempt for all female candidates, SC/ST candidates, PwD candidates and Transwomen candidates.
9 How to Apply
(a) Candidate who desires to apply online will have to register himself i herself in the portal through https://indiapost.gov.in or http:i/appost.in/gdsonline with the following basic details to obtain the Registration Number:-
i) Name (In capital letter as per X class certiflcate Marks Memo including spaces)
(!!)Father’s Name / Mother’s Name
iv) Email ID
(v) Date of Birth
viii)PwD – Type of Disability – (HH/OH/VH)- Percentage of disability
(ix) state in which Xth class passed
(x) language studied in Xth class
(xi) Board in which Xth class pass
(xii) year of Passing Xth class
(xiii) Xth Class Certificate Number/Roll Number (optional)
10 Procedure Of Fees Payment
(a) Applicants, except exempted category of candidate, should pay a fee of Rs.100/- (Rupees one hundred) for all posts within a choice of Division. Candidate who requires to make the payment of fee may pay the fee through online mode of payment using the link provide for payment.All recognized Credit/Debit cards and Net Banking facility/ UPI can be used for this purpose. Charges applicable for usage of Debit/Credit cards and net banking as per the rules from time to time will be levied to the candidates. Candidates can pay fees at any Head Post Office in India.
(b) For making the payment of fee the candidate should refer the Registration Number
(c) Fee once paid will not be refund . Hence candidate is requested to ensure that his eligibilty for applying to particular Division before making the fee payment.
(d) Candidates who are exempted from payment of fee may apply online directly.
11 Uploading of documents :-
The candidates must upload the following documents in the formats and sizes as prescribed. Hence, it is advised to keep the scanned documents ready in softcopy form before applying online.
|SR. NO.||Name of the Document||Uploading File Format||Permitted File Size||Is the upload mandatory or not|
|1.||Recent Photograph||.jpg/.jpeg||not exceeding 50kb||Mandatory|
|2.||Signature||.jpg/.jpeg||not exceeding 20kb||Mandatory|
12 Job Profile :-
(A) BPM (Branch Postmaster) –
The Job Profile of Branch Post Master will include
- a) Carrying out transactions (offline and online) ofBranch Post Office and India Post Payments Bank(IPPB) using thehandheld device/mobile device/smartphone.
- Marketing of Postal products and services, India Post Payments Bank services,various services provided by Customer Services Centres (CSC), procurement of business in the villages or Gram Panchayats within the jurisdiction of the Branch Post Office. This would include organizing melas and door-to-door canvassing for business requirements and popularising schemes of government.
- Maintenance of records, upkeep of handheld device/mobile device/sma rtphone.
- Branch Postmaster has the overall responsibility of smooth and timely functioning of Post Office including mail conveyance and mail delivery. Hershe might be assisted by Assistant Branch Post Master. BPM will be required to do combined duties of ABPMs as and when ordered. In some of the Branch Post Offices, there may not be ABPM post and the BPM has to do all the work of the BO.
- Any other work assigned by superiors like IPO/ASPO/SPOS/SSPOS etc
(B) DAK Sewak
DakSevaks will be engaged in Departmental offices like Sub post offices, Head Post offices etc. The Job Profile of DakSevak will include:
a) Sale of stamps/stationery, conveyance and delivery of mail at doorstep, deposits/payments/other transactions of IPPBand any other duties assigned by Postmaster/Sub Postmaster.
b) DakSevaks may have to work in sorting offices of Railway Mail Service (RMS).
c) DakSevaks in mail offices and Business Offices will handle receiving and dispatching of mail bag, transhipment of bags
d) DakSevaks also has to assist Post MastersrSub Postmasters in managing the smooth functioning of Departmental Post Offices anddo marketing, business procurement or any other work assigned by the Post Master or IPO/ASPO/SPOS/SSPOS/SRM/SSRM etc.
(C) ABPM (Assistant Branch Postmaster)
The Job Profile of Assistant Branch Post Master will include
- a) Sale of stamps/stationery, conveyance and delivery of mail at doorstep, deposits/payments/other transactions of IPPB.
- Assisting Branch Postmaster in counter duties using handheld device/mobile device/smartphone.
- Marketing of Postal products and services, India Post Payments Bank services,various services provided by Customer Services Centre’s(CSC), procurement of business in the villages or Gram Panchayats within the jurisdiction of the Branch Post Office. This would include organizing melas and door-to-door canvassing for business requirements and popularizing schemes of government.
- ABPM will also be required to do Combined Duty of BPMs as and when ordered.
- other work assigned by superiors like IPO/ASPO/SPOs/SSPOS etc.