LETTER TO THE HONOURABLE PRIME MINISTER OF INDIA BY FNPO AND ITS AFFILIATED UNIONS / ASSOCIATIONS.
Shri Narendra Modiji,
Hon’ble Prime Minister of India,
We, the Federation of National Postal Organisation and its affiliated unions submit this letter to express our deep concern and request to honour the commitment given by the Group of Ministers in the meetings held with JCM (Staff Side) leaders on 30th June 2016 & 06th July 2016.
Subsequently, an assurance was given that a High-Level Committee will examine the 7th CPC issues, mainly the Minimum Wage and Multiplying Factor. Based on the assurance, the JCM Constituent deferred the Strike action on 06th July 2016.
Though a Committee was constituted under the chairmanship of Addl. Secretary (Exp), Ministry of Finance and discussions held, the response has been disappointing.
The employees of the Postal and other Central Government employees are greatly disappointed over the nonsettlement of the main issues.
More so, many of the recommendations of the 7th CPC have created unrest in the minds of Central government employees in general and Postal employees in particular.
The issues raised after the implementation of 7th CPC & other long pending issues are enclosed.
We request your kind attention to the issues listed in the enclosure and action thereof at the earliest.
Thanking you, sir,
THE ISSUES RAISED AFTER THE IMPLEMENTATION OF 7TH CPC & OTHER LONG PENDING ISSUES
1. Request to Settle the demands raised by NJCA regarding modifications of 7th CPC recommendations as submitted in the memorandum to Cabinet Secretary on 10th December 2015. Honour the assurance given by the Group of Ministers to NJCA on 30th June 2016 and 6th July 2016, especially the increase in minimum wage and fitment factor. Grant revised HRA, at the existing percentage itself, i.e. 30%, 20% and 10%. Accept the proposal of the staff side regarding Transport Allowance. Settle all anomalies arising out of the implementation of 7th CPC recommendations, in a time bound manner.
2. Request to Implement option-I recommended by 7th CPC and accepted by the Government regarding parity in pension of pre-2016 pensioners, without any further delay. Settle the pension related issues raised by NJCA against item 13 of its memorandum submitted to Cabinet Secretary on 10th December 2015.
3. Request to Scrap PFRDA Act and New Pension System (NPS) and grant pensions and Family Pension to all Central Government employees recruited after 01.01.2004, under CCS (Pension) Rules 1972.
4. Request to Treat Gramin Dak Sewaks of Postal department as Civil Servants, and extend all benefits like pay, pension, allowances etc. of departmental employees to GDS.
5.Request to Regularise all casual, contract, part-time, contingent and Daily rated mazdoors and grant equal pay and other benefits. Revise the wages as per 7th CPC minimum pay
6. Request to avoid Downsizing, Privatisation, outsourcing and contractorisation of Government functions.
7. Request to Withdraw the arbitrary decision of the Government to enhance the benchmark for performance appraisal for promotion and financial upgradations under MACP from “GOOD” to VERY GOOD” and also decided to withhold annual increments in the case of those employees who are not able to meet the bench march either for MACP or for regular promotion within the first 20 years of service. Grant MACP pay fixation benefits on promotional hierarchy and not on pay-matrix hierarchy. Personnel promoted on the basis of examination should be treated as a fresh entrance to the cadre for grant of the MACP.
8. Request to Withdraw the draconian FR 56 (J) and Rule 48 of CCs (Pension) Rules 1972 which is being misused as a shortcut as a purity measure to punish and victimize the employees.
9. Request to Fill up all vacant posts, including promotional posts in a time bound manner. Lift ban on creation of posts.
10. Request to remove 5% ceiling on compassionate appointments and grant appointment in all deserving cases.
11. Request for Grant five promotions in the service career to all Central Govt. Employees..
12. Request to Reject the stipulation of 7th CPC to reduce the salary to 80% for the second year of Child Care leave and retain the existing provision.
13. Request for Ensure cashless medical treatment to all Central Government employees & Pensioners in all recognized Government and Private hospitals.
14. Request to Revision of Overtime Allowance (OTA) and Outstation allowance (OSA) w.e.f 01.01.2016 based on 7th CPC pay scale.
15. Request to Revision of wages of Central Government employees in every five years. 16. Request to Revive JCM functioning at all levels.