“Forward ever, backward never: onwards with Breaking Through”

 16/12/2023

Message from Shri. Alok Sharma, former Director General Postal Services.



 

My dear colleague 

My labours as the Director General of this great organisation have come to an end. Together we traveled on a journey towards a shared vision, a journey which was exciting as well as rewarding with learnings all the way.  I was fortunate to receive unstinting support and boundless affection of each one of you in the Department, whether departmental or GDS, which I can never forget. It was overwhelming as well as enriching for me. My heartfelt gratitude to you. 

In each one of you I found an eminently sincere and committed person working in the interest of the Department. I would not  have been able to cover many an uncharted lands without you beside me. 

We belong to the fraternity of an organisation which has a hoary legacy of public service of a very high order of more than 150 years. By our actions we need to demonstrate that we are a worthy heir to this noble legacy. 

On the course of this journey I lost my heart to this organisation…. it would take a lifetime to recover it. You will now have to carry the baton forward. I wish you all a very rewarding and cheerful future.  

Wish you and your family the best in life. 

Regards, 

Alok sharma
Ex Director General Postal Services
December 15, 2023