“Forward ever, backward never: onwards with Breaking Through”

How a member of deceased employee can apply for Family Pension ?

Family Pension – Form 14 – How to apply for granting family pension on the death of Government servant/ pensioner/ family pensioner.

Family Pension can be claimed by submitting Form 14 in case of death of Government servant/ pensioner/ family pensioner.
Family pension to spouse is sanctioned and authorized at the time pension is authorized in favour of retiring government servant and indicated in the pension payment order and is to be drawn after the death of the pensioner. However, in cases where Govt. servant expired while in service, the widow or widower has to apply in Form 14 (of CCS Pension Rules) to the Head of Office concerned who will sanction and authorize the family pension through its Pay & Accounts Officer. Where the deceased Govt. servant is survived only by a child or children, the guardian (in case of minor child/children) or such child or children may submit a claim in Form 14 to the Head of office for sanction and authorization of family pension. For getting family pension, the deceased pensioner’s family should apply in Form no.14 along with a copy of the death certificate of the deceased Pensioner to:
(1) The pension disbursing authority if, the amount of family pension is already indicated in the Pension Payment Order.
(2) The Head of Office for sanction of family pension in all other cases.
If the pensioner has Joint Account with the spouse on either or survivor basis the spouse has to submit the death certificate of the pensioner along with simple application only to activate the family pension.